A friend at work had their baby a week or so ago. They do not have family in the area and his wife's mother just passed away a few months ago. I decided to take over a bowl of my (boring) chicken noodle soup. I think everyone has had it at least once. I need to try something new. Anyway, when I saw him back at work he said they were so thankful. (Remember, nothing has to be big, just from the heart.) His ward sisters said they would bring over two meals. Number One Meal didn't show up. Number Two Meal showed up but looked like it was so old they didn't dare eat it. Then they found mold on it. Are you kidding me? I have never experienced anything of the kind. People have been so generous and kind to us over the years. And, of course, my neighbors, friends, and family are the best cooks around!
One more thing - ALWAYS do what you feel when you feel it. Example - when I made the soup, I wanted to take some over to my neighbor who had a baby several weeks ago and I have never got around to visit her for the new addition. I was going to take it over that afternoon but decided to wait until the next day. I think I was just too lazy. So, the next morning on facebook she posted that she had had quite a day (the day before) with some canning, new baby, four other children, etc. She said she wished she had hot dog buns so she could have a fast meal and said she didn't know what they were going to eat. Wow! Did I feel awful. If I would have taken that soup over when I had the prompting, it would have been perfect. Anyway, I did take it over the next day. She said the day before they had eaten Ramen noodles. It's a little thing, but I hope to be more willing to listen to that still small voice and DO something.
Thanks for listen to me ramble on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment